Premises Liability Lawyers
Negligent Security Lawyers in New Jersey
Property owners have a duty to provide a safe environment to people who are on their premises. Negligent security can lead to violent crimes resulting in person.al injury or wrongful death. Here are some examples:
- Security personnel who were not adequately trained or were unlicensed when they took part in an emergency situation that resulted in injury or fatalities.
- Faulty equipment, such as broken locks, malfunctioning alarms or closed circuit surveillance equipment, broken gates or unlocked doors can lead to unnecessary injuries.
- When a property owner does not safeguard a dangerous portion of their property, such as a swimming pool or hazardous work area, visitors can drown or fall into a construction ditch.
- Negligent security occurs when children are improperly supervised at a daycare center, residents in a nursing home are assaulted, or customers are attacked in a business located in an area known to be dangerous.
- Poor lighting can invite criminals to rob or mug a person who is walking through the area. This would include dimly lit parking lots or outside stairways.
- Negligent guards perpetuate a crime against the people they were hired to protect.
Where Can Negligent Security Events Happen?
Negligent security can happen anywhere people congregate or traverse, including these common places:
- Apartment buildings.
- Shopping malls.
- Grocery stores.
- Hotels and motels.
- Open land.
- Amusement parks.
- Sports stadiums.
The owner of any of these properties has the responsibility to make sure the area is safe. All of these situations have varying requirements for safety precautions. New Jersey premises liability laws can be complex, so it is important to contact an experienced premises liability lawyer if you were injured due to the negligence of a property owner.
The aggressive New Jersey premises liability lawyers at Mazie Slater Katz & Freeman handle all types of cases that occur at buildings, malls, hotels, and other facilities. Businesses have an obligation to provide you with appropriate protection from crimes — especially if there is a history of crime in the area. If you were assaulted or attacked and seriously injured as a result of the business failing to provide adequate security, then you may have a valid claim against that business or landlord.
Our lawyers handle premises liability lawsuits where individuals have been injured as a result of the failure of a hotel, mall, or other business to protect business invitees. The following are some examples of our successes in negligent security lawsuits:
- $2.5 million settlement for negligence against an alarm company after a night clerk at a hotel was attacked by a mentally ill man. The clerk hit the panic button, but it had been broken for months, so the police did not come to help.
- $715,000 settlement in a case involving an assault by an under-aged drinker. Two New Jersey motels permitted the under-aged drinking.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
Premises Liability Lawsuits
Mazie Slater Katz & Freeman has successfully represented crime victims who have been injured or killed because of negligent security. Contact our firm as soon as possible to discuss your case.