Bus Accident Lawyers
Bus Accident Law Firm in New Jersey
Public transportation should be safe. If you have been injured in a bus accident, contact our bus accident lawyers in New Jersey to discuss your legal rights.
Buses bring visitors to the New Jersey shore for vacations, and they transport commuters to and from their jobs. School buses carry our children back and forth to their schools. The sheer volume of bus traffic has given rise to an increase in bus accidents in New Jersey.
What to Do If You’re Involved in a Bus Accident
- Immediately go to the emergency room or your primary care physician. You may have obvious injuries, but internal injuries can take days to appear. A trip to the hospital will document any injuries you may have suffered.
- Collect contact information for the bus driver and any other motorists involved in the crash. That includes license numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance data. This will help if you need to file a claim later.
- If there were witnesses, get their names and contact information.
- Document the details of the crash, such as lighting and the road conditions. Use your cell phone to take photos, if possible.
- Don’t sign any sort of statement for an insurance company after the crash. In fact, it is best not to speak with anyone except a lawyer about the bus accident.
- Contact a New Jersey bus accident lawyer immediately.
Bus Accident Lawsuits
A bus accident can be catastrophic. The passengers can be seriously injured or killed, and the driver or passengers of any vehicles that are hit by the bus can also sustain life-changing or deadly injuries. Buses do not always have seat belts or any sort of restraining systems, so when there is a bus accident, the passengers are thrown around the bus like rag dolls. They can hit the numerous metal parts of the interior of the bus, such as the seat frames, handrails, sidewalls, doors, or even the ceiling if the bus overturns. When a bus crashes on a busy New Jersey road or highway, it usually hits more than one other vehicle and can cause a chain reaction of many wrecked vehicles with injured or fatally wounded drivers and passengers.
As New Jersey bus accident lawyers who regularly represent individuals injured in bus accidents, we know that liability for personal injuries or death sustained from a bus accident depends on the circumstances of the bus driver, the maintenance company, the tour bus operator, and the bus company could all share in the blame. They all have the responsibility of making sure their passengers and other motorists are safe.
Our experienced New Jersey bus accident lawyers deal with personal injury claims all over the state, including bus and truck accidents, which occur on the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway. School bus accidents are one category in which a general debate over the lack of seatbelts has provoked controversy and added to the complexity of some school bus accident claims.
Another common category of bus accident injuries is tour bus-related accidents in which the tour bus operator has to take on the responsibility of keeping passengers safe on their purchased trips. Our bus accident lawyers have had success in litigating such cases, such as the $12.75 million settlement for a man hit by a New Jersey Transit Bus while crossing the street, $6 million settlement for a pedestrian seriously injured in a bus accident case., and a $2.3 million settlement for a man struck by a New Jersey Transit bus. We have also been named to the Best New Jersey Personal Injury Lawyers list by the Best Lawyers in America publication.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a bus accident that resulted in personal injury or death, contact the New Jersey bus accident lawyers at Mazie Slater Katz & Freeman. We will get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your accident. We will aggressively pursue your rights to a fair settlement for your injuries or the death of anyone close to you.