Experienced Car Accident Lawyers in Passaic County
Like most of New Jersey, Passaic County, NJ is growing rapidly. The 2020 Census showed a 4.6% increase in the population over 10 years. That increase has been reflected in the increasing amounts of traffic present on the busy roadways in Passaic County, along with the higher number of auto accidents seen every year. Luckily, the Passaic County car accident lawyers at Mazie Slater are standing by to help you and your family should you find yourself involved in a crash here, or anywhere else in New Jersey.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Passaic County?
Car accidents can be scary and disorienting events for everyone involved. Regardless of what caused the accident, many people are confused about what they should do next following a crash. Here are just a few things to consider in the event you’re involved in a car accident in New Jersey (or anywhere else):
- First, get out of harm’s way. If possible and safe, remove your vehicle from the flow of traffic as well. The important thing is to ensure your own safety and the safety of other motorists.
- Second, secure any necessary medical attention for yourself and anyone else involved in the accident.
- Once you’ve ensured your safety and arranged for necessary health care, turn your mind to documenting the accident. You can begin by contacting the police and having them attend the scene of the accident. This is especially important if there’s major property damage or if anyone’s injured.
- Obtain photos of the driving licenses, vehicle registrations, and insurance details from all other drivers that were involved.
- If the other drivers refuse to provide relevant info, make a note of their exact words and reasons.
- Take photos of the scene of the accident, the involved vehicles, the weather and road conditions, and any other details you think are relevant.
- Make a note of any symptoms of impairment, fatigue, or distraction apparent from the behavior of the other driver(s). Also note why you believe they may be impaired, tired, or distracted.
- Refrain from making any admissions of fault or liability at this time. Even though you may think you know what caused the accident, only a complete investigation in the fullness of time can determine who was at fault and why. Focus on your own safety and health instead.
It’s almost always a good idea to contact a Passaic County, NJ, car accident lawyer from Mazie Slater if you’ve been in an accident well before it comes time to sign any documents or have any discussions with other drivers, their lawyers, or insurance companies. An early consultation with a qualified personal injury lawyer can save you a great deal of trouble in the future by helping you make well-informed decisions based on your own best interests.
Types of Accidents Mazie Slater Can Assist With:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Rear-End Collision
- Head-On Collision
- Rollover Accidents
- Multiple Car Accidents
- And Many More…
Successful Car Accident Verdicts in Passaic County
The car accident lawyers in Passaic County that practice with Mazie Slater have decades of experience securing significant damage awards, verdicts, and settlements for the people of New Jersey. Here are just a few examples of the success we’ve had as we relentlessly pursue justice for our clients in Passaic County and across the state:
- A $12.75 million settlement for a valued client who was struck by a bus and suffered significant injuries as a result
- A $5 million settlement for a client who tragically suffered severe spinal injuries caused by a collision with a tractor-trailer
- A $6 million settlement for a pedestrian struck by a bus when they were crossing the street at a crosswalk
To see many more examples of the extraordinary results we’ve achieved for our New Jersey clients, check out our Successes page.
Heading 2: Contact Our Car Accident Attorney’s in Passaic County Today!
No one wants or expects to suffer property damage or injuries as the result of a car accident. But, should the worst happen, the Passaic County, NJ, car accident attorneys at Mazie Slater are ready to help you and your family navigate the complexities of the legal system as we pursue justice together. If you have any questions at all about what to do following an accident, call (973) 228-9898 today. We’ll arrange for you to have a no-obligation, completely free consultation with a qualified and experienced personal injury attorney.